June 19, 2012
Google+ circles Flipboard - and other news
Bradley Horowitz, Vice President, Product Management at Google is here to talk about Google+. Not very revealing, but some points emerged,
- Growth is good, but they didn't give details
- They haven't reached the inflection point yet - but that takes years with social networks, he suggests
- APIs are coming... But they're very cautious about pushing too much into Google+ and diminishing the experience.
- Flipboard is a new partner, allowing you to access Google+ in Flipboard.
- They're very happy with hangouts. They LOVE hangouts. They keep talking about them...
- Kraft have been active on Google+ through the Cadbury's brand. They're one of the biggest conumser brands on there with 1.6m people putting Cadbury's in circles. They've passed Barak Obama.
Neville Hobson is on stage in a Google+ hangout - he asks about Google+ and its potential use in enterprise. Horowitz thinks the enterprise use case is a fantastic opportunity for Google+ - a perfect complement for Google+ "the virtual water cooler, to Hangouts for small team collaboration". People are using it this way already, but it's too hard right now. They're focusing on it.
comments powered by Disqus
TrackBack URL: http://www.onemanandhisblog.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/6720