And here’s your link-dump from my reader from Wednesday’s reading:
- The BBC’s Paul Mason talks about journalism, bloggers and the relationship with managers. Remember to go through the comments, because he clarifies his position at the end.
- The Guardian‘s Kevin Anderson argues that open web systems and the flexibility they bring to publishing are a boon to journalists, not a threat.
- And here’s a journalist triggering a great discussion of what his job should look like, bearing these new tools in mind.
- Will the journalists that publishers lay off in this recession become their new competitors?
- RIP printed Exchange & Mart. That’s the death knell of printed classified you can hear tolling.
- So, is it time for us to reach the fifth stage of grief as we mourn the loss of our old way of working? (That’s acceptance, by the way…)
And now, I go off to go swimming in the snow. Which is actually more fun than social media, but only just… 🙂