Techmeme doesn't just rank the news - it connects it. And that's something we've stopped trying to do.
Come, sit down with me by the fire, and let me tell you a story, for I, my child, am a blogger...
What function does a content strategist actually perform within a business?
Here’s what’s caught my eye today:
- 10 things every journalist should know in 2010
- Kevin Marsh writing about the end of journalism “as we know it”.
- Local paper uses a community politics idea to encourge engagement on its site.
- Marc Reeves examines the reasoning behind his new hyper-local blog.
- Here’s Jay Rosen talking about dealing with audience atomisation. (Shame on Media140 for limiting embedding of that video)
- And how’s this for a magazine concept on a tablet device?
It started with a tweet:
And I come across this a lot. Journalists are genuinely surprised when their new blog or newly-launched forum aren't instantly innundated with hordes of readers. In fact, I remember a Daily Telegraph political reporter expressing this very shock at an event Shane Richmond hosted a couple of years back.