Creators don't just load their trailers to YouTube - they watch people reacting to them, too.
What sort of personalities excel at creative tasks? Contradictory ones.
Lurking around in my browser tabs:
- On Makers and Managers – good look at the tension between these two roles that should be familiar to most people in journalism
- The Death of Tag Clouds – this has been creating some debate internally at RBI. I still like ’em, but I never thought they were a navigation tool, just a visual means of displaying the “aboutness” of the site.
- Why Tumblr is Kicking Posterous’ Ass – insightful post on the difference between an engineered website and a designed one.
- Jeff Jarvis’s Cockeyed Economics – some good economic theory around paid content in here
- The Value of Blogging – anyone familiar with my job title knows that I’m contractually obligated to value blogging as a journalistic endeavour – but this post enumerates some of the reasons well.
- Posterous, the iPhone and Microjournalism – great account of using the iPhone and Posterous to report from abroad using a mobile device.
CMS Wire has picked up on Gartner’s new classification of online community participants. It’s still essentially the 80/20 rule, but the 20 are broken down into three groups: