January 23, 2010
Weekend Coffee Reading
Lurking around in my browser tabs:
- On Makers and Managers - good look at the tension between these two roles that should be familiar to most people in journalism
- The Death of Tag Clouds - this has been creating some debate internally at RBI. I still like 'em, but I never thought they were a navigation tool, just a visual means of displaying the "aboutness" of the site.
- Why Tumblr is Kicking Posterous' Ass - insightful post on the difference between an engineered website and a designed one.
- Jeff Jarvis's Cockeyed Economics - some good economic theory around paid content in here
- The Value of Blogging - anyone familiar with my job title knows that I'm contractually obligated to value blogging as a journalistic endeavour - but this post enumerates some of the reasons well.
- Posterous, the iPhone and Microjournalism - great account of using the iPhone and Posterous to report from abroad using a mobile device.
|Share on App.net|
comments powered by Disqus